Monday, 13 October 2008

Book thief Markus Zusak

Can't decide. Good, not so good or a feelgood novel, for grownups or young adults? Don't know still, liked it.

A story about second world war, love, resistance and thieves. Told by death himself. Lots of smiles, lots of tears. And it makes you fall in love with books and reading again. I liked it. But I think I will forget it fast. It is like a great story but not with the true magic. I liked the books in the book, and its flow. Because there must be a lightness in telling since all those pages just flies by.

And there can never be told too many stories about evil and Good in people. And the images. I like books which turn into movies in my head and this one did. I can probably re tell the story almost completely, not because of words but because of my images.

No comments: