Thursday, 2 October 2008
End of the world
Writing this post offline. It is the second of October, that doesn’t sound right. And there is thunder and lightning outside. The lamp just flickered and my computer is running on battery. A couple of minutes ago the stars were shining but there were thunderbolts in the distance and a fog whirling up from below. I talked to a friend, we said, is this the end of the world. She wanted to go to sleep if it was. I wanted to stay awake and feel relieved that I can’t both die from cancer, illness and world destruction. I started to watch Fringe, but it never hooked my interest. Sort of glad I had to turn my TV off. The end of the world. Funny, how small and insignificant it makes us feel. I believe I will go to heaven when that happens, it’s the suffering before extinction that worries me. It has stopped. I will go online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment